A fire ignited by a burning mosquito repellent coil has killed three school pupils in Yola, Adamawa State.


The three were Islamic school pupils, better known as almajirai, who resided within the premises of their school at Sabon Pegi, a community in Yola South Local Government Area.


It was gathered on Monday that the incident occurred on the night of Friday, July 7.


The owner of the school, Malam Abubakar Usman, confirmed that the pupils died due to the fire from the mosquito repellent which engulfed their room.


According to him, two of the pupils, Ismaila Muhammadu who was 12 years old, and Yusuf Abubakar who was 13, died instantly, while 17-year-old Mustapha Ahmadu died on Saturday morning while on hospital admission.


Blaze Fm